Portraits & PHotography
For Brides, Families, Seniors or even Corporate Groups, what more beautiful backdrop for photos can be found in Nashville? Cheekwood's Botanical Gardens are expertly tended by a full time talented Botanical Staff that keeps the grounds looking beautiful year round. With a variety of Gardens to choose from there are settings for every taste and talent and occasion!
Cheekwood Photography Policies
The rental of Cheekwood spaces for events or portraits is considered a membership benefit which requires the person or group hosting the rental to hold a Cheekwood Dual Household level membership or above.
Click here to see Cheekwood Member benefits and levels.
• Cheekwood Members - $150
• Non-Members - $240*
*For Non-Members, Rate will include a Dual Household membership
Cheekwood charges a sitting fee for any professional photography or videography taken on the Cheekwood grounds; including bridal, pregnancy, family, senior pictures, and corporate groups. Regular Cheekwood Members and Visitors that have paid admission are permitted to take photos for personal use. Use of professional photographic equipment such as a Tripod, Drones, Light Diffuser, etc. is considered Professional Photography and does require reservation. If professional photography is observed with no reservation guest will be escorted off premises. Photography or videography to be used for Promotional or Public Use requires the written consent of the Cheekwood Marketing Department.
Photography & Videography sessions must be booked in advance with the Special Events Department, please see additional info below or click here to fill out a Portrait Sitting Request Form.
All photography sessions are in outside venues only and must be booked through the Rentals Department using attached portrait sitting request form. For an additional fee the client may use indoor facilities to change in but this must be booked through the Rentals Department.
We offer one complimentary, non-weather related rescheduling. Each additional non-weather rescheduling is a $20 fee. Weather cancellations/ rescheduling can be made no more than 24 hours in advance.
Brides, families or other groups who hire photographers for Cheekwood sittings are considered the primary beneficiaries of the site rental. Photographers who hold memberships and take professional photographs of clients are not considered the primary beneficiary, and should direct their clients to Cheekwood Rentals and Catering for payment of membership and sitting fees.
Cheekwood Brides with a signed contract are entitled to One complimentary professional photography session at Cheekwood. It can be used up to 6 months before or after the Wedding takes place; all other regulations and guidelines apply. Reservation must be made with Special Events Department.
Cheekwood is a 55-acre botanical garden and art museum located on the historic Cheek estate. Our mission is to preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
This mission and the collections may place constraints on the property which you may not encounter elsewhere. We appreciate your understanding and compliance with these guidelines.
• All photography sessions must be booked through the Cheekwood Special Events Department..
• Photography session hours are generally from 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Tuesday-Friday. Availability is contingent on Cheekwood’s schedule of events. Saturdays generally tend to be unavailable due to wedding ceremonies.
• No Props are permitted on the grounds, including but not limited to: animals, pyrotechnics (sparklers), bubbles, chalk, glitter, confetti.
• You may not hang or attach any items to or from any structure on-site, e.g. trees, bushes, railings, statuary, sculpture etc.
• You may not climb on balustrades, railings, walls fountains streams or other areas not generally associated with foot traffic.
• Stay on pathways and turf grass at all times; at no time are you permitted to enter the planting beds.
• Cheekwood is closed on Mondays.
• Drones may not be used during public opening hours. Any drone photography outside of public hours must have written consent from the Marketing and Events department.
• The client has use of the grounds for exterior photos only. Any client or photographer attempting to take photos in a building will be removed from the premises by Cheekwood Security. Any payments made to Cheekwood will not be refunded.
• Please be courteous of Cheekwood visitors. The client may not monopolize a site or inhibit access to a site by the visiting public.
• We allow one complimentary, non-weather related rescheduling. Each additional is a $20 fee. Weather cancellations/rescheduling can be made no more than 24 hours in advance.
• No plants, art, or other exhibit items may be removed, moved, or covered for any reason. Cheekwood cannot be held responsible for any exhibits which may occur during your event. Access to exhibitions should not be blocked during Cheekwood’s normal operating hours.
• Day of Event photography for Cheekwood brides: For photographs on the day of your wedding, your photographer must make advance plans by contacting this office by phone or email to check site availability. If an event is booked in a space, we ask that you refrain from doing so. For example, if the Museum of Art is booked for a function the Wisteria Arbor is not available for wedding party photographs during that event. You are welcome to take pictures at the site you have secured during the hours booked. All other locations that are accessible are available on a first come, first serve basis the day of your function and cannot be reserved in advance. Please feel free to inquire about available sites with the rentals department the week of your event.