HOME SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
Cheekwood offers an array of opportunities for the home school student in both the Museum of Art and the Botanical Garden.
Home School Day at Cheekwood
Wednesday, August 14
10:00am – 2:00pm
Join other home school students and families for a day of educational fun at Cheekwood! Groups are welcome to picnic at Cheekwood during the day. Registration is required, and space is limited. Students are free and adults are $10 each. Activities will include: Garden Tours, Sculpture Trail Hike, Marbling Demonstrations & Art Activity, Gallery Talks in the Museum and self-guided activities for families to do at their own pace.
Home School Day on August 14 is FULL, and registration has closed. Please check back for future events.
Museum of Art and Botanical Garden Tours
• Self-Guided Tours: Home School Groups are welcome to take self-guided tours at any time. Groups must have a minimum of 15 students or more to receive the home school rate.
• Guided Tours: Cheekwood requires a minimum number of 15 students within a specific age range: K-4, 5-8, or 9-12. Guided tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Click here for a list of tour options.
Admission is FREE for home school students. Accompanying adults are $10 each. In order to receive the special home school rate, both guided and self-guided tours must be scheduled through our Education Department, for a minimum of 15 students and no less than 2 weeks’ notice for guided tours. Tours are offered Tuesday – Friday.
Scheduling your group:
To schedule your visit to Cheekwood, please call (615) 353-6973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have the following information ready when you call or email:
• Your group’s name
• Mailing and email address
• Contact phone number
• Name of desired tour
• Grade level
• Number of students and number of adults
• Preferred date/time and two alternate dates/times for your tour
We offer family memberships so you may regularly move your classroom outdoors and utilize Cheekwood’s vast resources in your home school curriculum.