PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
Please review the following guidelines with your students before arriving at Cheekwood.
Garden and Museum Manners
• Visitors are asked to stay on the paths for the protection of the plant collections and for their own safety.
• Please do not touch the plants or artwork. Stay at least an arms’ length away from works of art in the Museum.
• Speak in a normal ‘inside’ voice. Please do not disturb other guests in the gardens or Museum by yelling or shouting to others.
• Many varieties of wildlife and insects make their homes at Cheekwood. Please do not disturb these valuable members of our ecosystem.
• Stay with your group. Cheekwood is very large, and it is easy to get distracted. We do not want anyone to get separated from their group.
• Please leave any backpacks or large purses at school or on the bus while visiting Cheekwood. Bulky objects might bump a work of art and damage it.
• Students may only use pencils in the Museum of Art. Pens, markers and crayons are not allowed.
• Photography is not permitted in the Museum of Art, but students are welcome to take pictures in the gardens.