Cheekwood is hosting a Job Fair for this coming Monday, March 2nd!!!
Seasonal Customer Service Representatives - Working closely with the Lead Cashier and Visitor Service Manager, this position will provide excellent customer service to our incoming visitors. Key responsibilities include: Greeting and welcoming visitors, directing and answering visitor inquires and processing admissions & memberships. The ideal candidate must have previous experience in retail/customer service and a friendly demeanor. Must have the ability to work weekends and occasional nights.
Seasonal Event Staff - Reporting to the Special Event Managers, this position will be responsible for event and bar set up and will serve as a representative of Cheekwood to all vendors, caterers and hosts. Will be responsible for monitoring the buildings and grounds throughout the event. The ideal candidate must have a valid ABC Certificate, extensive bar/alcohol experience, event management experience, excellent client relation and supervisory skills. Must have the ability to work nights & weekends.
Seasonal Line & Prep Cooks - Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position will be responsible for preparing dishes accurately for the Pineapple Room Restaurant with detail to presentation. The ideal candidate must have 2-3 years kitchen experience in a full service restaurant and demonstrated knife and cooking skills. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday daytime hours.
Seasonal Dishwasher - Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position will be responsible for washing all dishes and equipment. This position will also be responsible for some prep cooking as well. The ideal candidate must have the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and work Tuesday-Sunday daytime hours.
Seasonal Busser - Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and the Dining Room Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while clearing the tables for our patrons in the restaurant. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service and restaurant experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday 10am-3pm.
Seasonal Wait Staff - Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and Dining Room Supervisor, this position is responsible for ensuring all food and beverage items are presented correctly while providing exceptional customer service to guests. The ideal candidate will have previous food service experience in a formal atmosphere, knowledge of wines, strong customer service skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and a valid ABC Certificate. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday 10am-3pm.
Seasonal Host/Hostess - Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and Dining Room Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while seating patrons of the restaurant and assisting wait staff with the bussing of tables. The ideal candidate must have previous customer service and restaurant experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday 10am-3pm.
Seasonal Housekeeping - Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for the general cleaning of the buildings, office, kitchen and restrooms while maintaining our standard housekeeping procedures. The ideal candidate will have one year of commercial cleaning experience, an appreciation for detail and the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must have valid driver’s license and the availability to work Tuesday-Sunday.
Seasonal Maintenance - Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for general maintenance activities, which can include cleaning, plumbing, construction projects, mechanics, and painting. Responsible for weekly furniture set ups and strikes. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of commercial/institutional maintenance experience and the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must have valid driver’s license and the availability to work Tuesday-Sunday.
Seasonal Gardener - Reporting to the Botanical Garden Manager, this position is responsible for horticultural operations, which can include general landscape maintenance including mowing, weeding, spraying, irrigation, pruning, and trimming. The ideal candidate will have one year of experience in horticulture/landscape maintenance. Must have valid driver’s license, the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and be willing to work a variety of weather conditions.
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, CORPORATE GIVING
Cheekwood is searching for dynamic, proactive, and highly organized Development Officer focused on Corporate Giving. The Development Officer, Corporate Giving, will help to support key strategies to maximize contributed income for Cheekwood, with a primary focus on corporate sponsorships, corporate memberships, and the recruitment of corporate executives for Cheekwood Society and Cheekwood’s donors to the Annual Fund ($1,500 and above).
- In concert with the Deputy Director of External Affairs, develops annual strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate donors, with the ultimate goal of securing support for all key exhibitions, programs, and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing revenue goals and budget for Corporate Giving, and monitors and reports on progress regularly.
- Leads the creation of Development-related corporate materials, including new Corporate Membership brochure, exhibition / program sponsorship overviews and corporate sponsorship proposals, applications, presentations, etc.
- Develop and launch renewed Corporate Membership program.
- Track, manage, and fulfill corporate benefits and any contractual obligations for sponsorships.
- In concert with Marketing, serves as Development liaison for appropriate corporate sponsor recognition on all invitations, signage, newsletters, e-blasts, and other collateral.
- Serves as Development representative at corporate events as needed, both on-site at Cheekwood and off-site.
- In concert with Development Officer, Individual Giving plays key role in identifying corporate executives to engage as potential individual supporters through Cheekwood Society, and helps to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for each.
- Assists with donor solicitation mailings, logistics for Development events, and general Development tasks.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Development department’s systems, processes, and data infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years corporate fundraising experience at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization. This person must possess outstanding project management and organizational skills. He/she must be an experienced fundraiser who can successfully identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with funders. He/she should prioritize activities and responsibilities and possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to maintain flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Send your letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art is located on 55-acres in Nashville, Tennessee, and is considered one of the finest examples of an American Country Place Era Estate in the United States. Designed by Bryant Fleming for the Cheek Family who amassed their fortune through the Maxwell House Coffee business, Cheekwood was built between 1929 and 1932. The estate was opened to the public as a garden and art museum in 1960 and currently operates with an annual budget of $6 million and over 100 full and part-time staff members. A Fodor’s Destination of Choice, Cheekwood welcomes over 200,000 visitors from around the world annually and has 11,000 member families.
Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 for its 30,000 square-foot Georgian Mansion and original boxwood gardens, Cheekwood boasts 10 additional distinct gardens, numerous botanical collections and a Tennessee Level IV Arboretum. Cheekwood is also an accredited art museum with strengths in American painting, works on paper, photographs, and decorative arts. The Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail showcases an outstanding collection of outdoor sculpture by internationally acclaimed artists along a natural hiking trail.
Preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
Cheekwood will be a nationally recognized destination renowned for its distinctive beauty, historical significance and excellence in art and horticulture.
• Celebration of BEAUTY that nurtures the spirit
• Historical PRESERVATION that pays tribute to the past
• EDUCATION that stimulates the mind
• FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in stewarding our resources
• CREATIVITY that ensures we are dynamic and innovative
• COLLABORATION that embraces our community
• EXCELLENCE as our standard of operation in all areas