DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, CORPORATE GIVING
Cheekwood is searching for dynamic, proactive, and highly organized Development Associate focused on Corporate Giving. The Development Associate, Corporate Giving, will help to support key strategies to maximize contributed income for Cheekwood, with a primary focus on corporate sponsorships, corporate memberships, and the recruitment of corporate executives for Cheekwood Society and Cheekwood’s donors to the Annual Fund ($1,500 and above).
- In concert with the Deputy Director of External Affairs, develops annual strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate donors, with the ultimate goal of securing support for all key exhibitions, programs, and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing revenue goals and budget for Corporate Giving, and monitors and reports on progress regularly.
- Leads the creation of Development-related corporate materials, including new Corporate Membership brochure, exhibition / program sponsorship overviews and corporate sponsorship proposals, applications, presentations, etc.
- Develop and launch renewed Corporate Membership program.
- Track, manage, and fulfill corporate benefits and any contractual obligations for sponsorships.
- In concert with Marketing, serves as Development liaison for appropriate corporate sponsor recognition on all invitations, signage, newsletters, e-blasts, and other collateral.
- Serves as Development representative at corporate events as needed, both on-site at Cheekwood and off-site.
- In concert with Development Officer, Individual Giving plays key role in identifying corporate executives to engage as potential individual supporters through Cheekwood Society, and helps to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for each.
- Assists with donor solicitation mailings, logistics for Development events, and general Development tasks.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Development department’s systems, processes, and data infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years corporate fundraising experience at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization. This person must possess outstanding project management and organizational skills. He/she must be an experienced fundraiser who can successfully identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with funders. He/she should prioritize activities and responsibilities and possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to maintain flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Send your letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
PART-TIME LINE COOK
Cheekwood is seeking a part-time Line Cook. Working closely with the Executive Chef this position will be responsible for preparing dishes accurately for the Pineapple Room Restaurant with detail to presentation. Must have kitchen experience in a full service restaurant and demonstrated knife and cooking skills with the availability to work 4-5 days during the day. Send your resume to: Penny Bruckse, Vice President Human Resources, Cheekwood, 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art is located on 55-acres in Nashville, Tennessee, and is considered one of the finest examples of an American Country Place Era Estate in the United States. Designed by Bryant Fleming for the Cheek Family who amassed their fortune through the Maxwell House Coffee business, Cheekwood was built between 1929 and 1932. The estate was opened to the public as a garden and art museum in 1960 and currently operates with an annual budget of $6 million and over 100 full and part-time staff members. A Fodor’s Destination of Choice, Cheekwood welcomes over 200,000 visitors from around the world annually and has 11,000 member families.
Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 for its 30,000 square-foot Georgian Mansion and original boxwood gardens, Cheekwood boasts 10 additional distinct gardens, numerous botanical collections and a Tennessee Level IV Arboretum. Cheekwood is also an accredited art museum with strengths in American painting, works on paper, photographs, and decorative arts. The Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail showcases an outstanding collection of outdoor sculpture by internationally acclaimed artists along a natural hiking trail.
Preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
Cheekwood will be a nationally recognized destination renowned for its distinctive beauty, historical significance and excellence in art and horticulture.
• Celebration of BEAUTY that nurtures the spirit
• Historical PRESERVATION that pays tribute to the past
• EDUCATION that stimulates the mind
• FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in stewarding our resources
• CREATIVITY that ensures we are dynamic and innovative
• COLLABORATION that embraces our community
• EXCELLENCE as our standard of operation in all areas